IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN MAKING YOUR WEDDING TIMELINE
- HAVE TIMELINE COMPLETED 6 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING DAY. Give your timeline to your other vendors and even family involved in the planning. It's so beneficial to give your timeline to a person in charge (planner/friend/family member) so they can help you stay on track and you can relax on your day!
- TAKE NOTE OF THE SUNSET TIME ON YOUR WEDDING DATE. You'll need to know this to plan your portraits during daylight hours.
- DON'T FORGET TRAVEL TIMES. Once you figure out travel time, add 10 minutes for traffic delays/possible construction.
- HAVE DETAILS GATHERED IN ADVANCE. Example: Dress on wood hanger, Shoes, Veil, Perfume, Shoes, Wedding Invitation Suite, All 3 rings, jewelry, and your something borrowed and blue.
- ASK FLORIST TO BRING EXTRA FLOWERS LEFT OVER FROM MAKING YOUR BOUQUET. They can be used in detail photos.
- BE SURE BOUQUET IS DELIVERED IN TIME FOR FORMAL PHOTOS.
- PLAN HAIR/MAKEUP TO START WELL BEFORE PHOTOS. Most girls don't want photos of themselves without any makeup on. If you start this process earlier your photographer will just be catching the last minute touches. This will save so much time on your wedding day! So if the getting ready photos start at 2:20, plan to have your hair/makeup completed around 2:30.
- SECOND SHOOTER DUTIES. The second shooter will be capturing the guy's details and getting ready photos, but they usually start later since it doesn't take them as long to get ready.
*You'll notice that I give about 5 minutes between some sets of photos when there is a location change (even when on the same property) and this is to account for walking time/gathering people for photos. Every minute matters with a timeline like this.
1:30-2:15 | DETAIL PHOTOS | 45 mins total
dress, shoes, veil, invitations, rings, etc.
2:15-2:35 | GETTING READY PHOTOS | 20 mins total
last minute makeup/hair touches and robe shots
2:35-2:50 | GETTING DRESSED PHOTOS | 15 mins total
Bridesmaids and mother should be dressed and ready by this time (right after robe shot) so I can document all of them helping bride into her dress.
*Example of how I've given 5 minutes to transition from "getting ready location" to "first look location"
3:00-3:10 | FIRST LOOK PHOTOS | 10 mins total
3:10-3:30 | BRIDE & GROOM PORTRAITS | 20 mins total
3:35-3:50 | BRIDE WITH BRIDESMAIDS PORTRAITS | 15 mins total
3:55-4:10 | GROOM WITH GROOMSMEN PORTRAITS | 15 mins total
4:10-4:30 | BRIDAL GROUP PORTRAITS | 20 mins total
Bride & Groom with entire wedding party
4:30-4:55 | BRIDE & GROOM GET TUCKED AWAY | 25 mins total
This is when photographers will take pictures of reception decor and details if reception is on the same property as ceremony. We like to photograph all of your decor before people start putting jackets and purses down on tables and chairs.
5:00-5:30 | CEREMONY | 30 mins total
5:40-5:55 | BRIDE'S FAMILY PORTRAITS | 15 mins total
5:55-6:10 | GROOM'S FAMILY PORTRAITS | 15 mins total
Bride + Groom with Bride's aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews.
Bride + Groom with Bride's grandparents, siblings, parents
Bride + Groom with Bride's grandparents
Bride + Groom with Brides's siblings
Bride + Groom with Bride's Parents
Bride with Mom
Bride with Dad
*Repeat for groom's side. If you're worried about gathering family after the ceremony, have the DJ announce who is needed, when, and where they should go.
6:15-6:25 | BRIDE + GROOM JUST MARRIED PHOTOS | 10 mins total
This is a special moment. It's finally just you two, alone, for the first time all day!!! We love to capture the excitement happening in this moment, but if you don't want more photos during this time then we respect that and recommend you two going away and having 10 minutes together before the reception starts.
6:30-9:30 | RECEPTION | 3 hours total
( Example Below)
We are pretty flexible during this part of the day and will mainly be capturing candid moments as they happen. You'll actually be scheduling these events with the DJ and they'll be in charge of keeping your guests entertained. These are just suggestions based on previous weddings we've photographed.
6:30 | GRAND ENTRANCE |
6:35 | DINNER |
7:30 | SPEECHES & TOAST |
7:45 | CAKE CUTTING |
7:50 | FIRST DANCE |
7:55 | DADDY DAUGHTER DANCE |
8:00 | MOTHER SON DANCE |
8:05 | ANNIVERSARY DANCE |
8:15 | DANCING/CHATTING WITH GUESTS |
8:35 | BRIDE + GROOM PORTRAIT AT SUNSET |
8:50 | BOUQUET TOSS |
8:55 | GARTER TOSS |
9:00 | MORE DANCING/$ DANCE |
9:30 | PHOTOGRAPHERS LEAVE |
9:35 | PARTY CONTINUES !!! |
*Sparkler Exits require more coverage. Sunset time will be different for every wedding date.